Click here to sign-up for our e-newsletter!
(574) 245-5850 | Email Us |
3202 Shalom Way, South Bend, Indiana 46615
The original location for the Hebrew Orthodox Congregation was often referred to as the “Taylor Street Shul.” The congregation was organized in 1887 and met in various locations, including the home of Louis Feldman at what is now 720 Western Avenue. The congregation moved from an old kosher meat market in 1916 when the group purchased this building, which was originally an old house.
The congregation worshipped here from 1922 through 1970 when they relocated to South High Street. This building is now the Sweet Home Baptist Church. You can see the two Stars of David and the Hebrew lettering still survive.
Debby Barton Grant on the Jewish neighborhood
David Piser on Sons of Israel Synagogue
Gerry Lerman on Hebrew Orthodox Congregation
Nana Fromm on Zonenberg's Kosher Food Market
Gerry Lerman on the Hebrew Institute
Anne Feferman on Feferman Cadillac Oldsmobile
Ina Rosenberg on Progressive Bakery
Barb Asher on Robertson's Department Store
Peter Firestein on Block Bros. Jewelers